List – I List – II
I. Learning by doing 1. Naturalism
II. Education through Environment 2. Idealism
III. Realization of truth, beauty and goodness 3. Pragmatism
IV. “World as it is here and now” 4. Realism
(A) 3 1 2 4
(B) 1 4 2 3
(C) 1 3 2 4
(D) 3 2 4 5
2. “No disinterested pursuit of knowledge and no intellectual education for its own sake” was the slogan of the
3. Critically judge the following :
Assertion (A) : Marx advocated the creation of a classless society.
Reason (R) : There are too many classes which are struggling with each other.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are false.
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(C) Only (A) is true.
(D) Only (R) is true.
4. The process of attaining one’s existence as per existentialism is
(A) Essence, struggle, pain and pleasure, lonliness
(B) Lonliness, pain and pleasure, struggle, essence
(C) Lonliness, struggle, pain and pleasure, essence
(D) Essence, pain and pleasure, struggle, lonliness
5. Which philosophy says “Do not care to know various theories about God and Soul; do good and be good; that will take you to whatever truth there is” ?
6. Critically judge the following :
Assertion (A) : There is nothing wrong in getting attached to Maya.
Reason (R) : Though opposite to Brahma, Maya has been created by Brahma only.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are correct.
(B) Both (A) and (R) are incorrect.
(C) Only (A) is correct.
(D) Only (R) is correct.
7. Which statement/s is/are true as per Buddhist philosophy ?
I. Maya is root cause of all troubles.
II. Sorrow is the root cause of all troubles.
III. Birth and death are causes of troubles.
IV. Getting involved in worldly pursuits is the cause of all troubles.
(A) All I, II, III and IV are true.
(B) Only I and II are true.
(C) Only II and III are true.
(D) Only II, III and IV are true.
8. Which philosophy developed the monitorial system in classrooms ?
List – I List – II
(Thinker) (Type of Education)
I. Gandhi 1. Shantiniketan
II. Tagore 2. Integral Yoga
III. Aurbindo 3. Gurukul
IV. Vivekananda 4. Man making education
5. Wardha Scheme
(A) 5 1 2 4
(B) 5 1 4 2
(C) 3 4 2 5
(D) 4 2 3 5
10. The aim of basic education, as per the dream of Gandhiji is to
I. Create a classless society
II. Create a Sarvodaya Society
III. Create a society respecting all religions
IV. Create a society where a rich and poor can live together
(A) All I, II, III and IV are correct.
(B) Statements I, II and III are correct.
(C) Statements II, III and IV are correct.
(D) Statements I, II and IV are correct.