12. Which School of Philosophy maintains that the ‘universe is an expression of intelligence and will’ ?
13. “Education according to interest rather than the caste, creed, race or religion” was propagated by
(A) Vedantic Education
(B) Islamic Education
(C) Jainistic Education
(D) Buddhistic Education
14. The major constraint of social change is
15. Modernisation of ‘educational programmes’ has posed many issues in the society. Which one of the following is not applicable ?
(A) Increasing numbers of crimes in teenagers.
(B) Increasing number of suicides in students.
(C) Misuse of media by youngsters.
(D) Reduced status of teachers.
16. Analysis of the sociological processes involved in the educational institutions could be known as
(A) Social foundations of Education
(B) Sociology of Education
(C) Educational Sociology
(D) Social Science of Education
17. According to Talcott Parson, social change deals with
(A) Spiritual upliftment
(B) Economic upliftment
(C) Cultural revolution
(D) Functional needs of the society
18. Caste system can create a
(A) closed society
(B) changing society
(C) dead society
(D) open society
19. It is often complained that there is a ‘brain drain’ in our country. The implication is that
(A) the brains of educated persons are being washed in unnecessary pursuits.
(B) students’ brains are burdened with education unnecessarily.
(C) education today is creating strain to the brains of students.
(D) educated and capable people are seeking jobs in other countries for better opportunities and economic benefits.
20. Some sociologists have given importance to the functioning factors of social interaction. These factors are concerned with
(A) the proximity and similarity of the societies
(B) the purpose and common facts of societies.
(C) the needs and past experiences of the societies.
(D) goodness, common cause and economy of the societies.