31. Critically judge the following :
Assertion (A) : Preschool period is crucial for language development.
Reason (R) : Brain is relatively more plastic during early stages of development.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation.
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is not the correct answer for (A).
(C) Only (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(D) Only (R) is true.
32. Match the following :
List – I List – II
(Basic concepts) (Psychologist)
I. Unconditional Stimulus 1. Tolman
II. Successive approximation 2. Hull
III. Habit strength 3. Skinner
IV. Latent learning 4. Pavlov
(A) 2 5 4 1
(B) 4 3 1 2
(C) 4 3 2 1
(D) 5 3 4 2
33. Rearrange the stages of concept attainment :
I. Formal level
II. Concrete level
III. Classificatory level
IV. Identity level
Codes : (A) I III IV II
(B) II IV I III
(C) III II I IV
(D) II IV III I
34. Rearrange the stages of creative process :
Codes : (A) III II I IV
(B) III I II IV
(C) II IV I III
(D) I II IV III
35. The four contents included in the Guilford’s model are
(A) Figural, Symbolic, Semantic, Behavioural
(B) Figural, Semantic, Behavioural, Symbolic
(C) Semantic, Symbolic, Behavioural, Figural
(D) Figural, Behavioural, Symbolic, Semantic
36. Rearrange the sequence of cognitive development :
II. Objective permanence
III. Propositional thinking
IV. Transductive thinking
Codes : (A) II III IV I
(B) II IV I III
(C) III IV I II
(D) I III II IV
37. A researcher studying the development of self-esteem among primary school children can interview only 35 students in each grade. Which of the following approaches to sampling is most appropriate?
(A) Systematic sampling
(B) Stratified sampling
(C) Non-proportionate random sampling
(D) Quota sampling
38. What is the purpose of reviewing the related literature for conducting an action research ?
(A) To determine the contribution of the study to scientific literature.
(B) To clarify the design of the study.
(C) To identify the effective ideas and practices.
(D) To ascertain whether the study is of quantitative or qualitative nature.
39. What type of validity is least precisely quantifiable ?
(A) Content validity
(B) Concurrent validity
(C) Construct validity
(D) Predictive validity
40. Which of the following is the main characteristics of the interval scale ?
(A) No fixed zero point and unequal intervals.
(B) Fixed zero point and equal intervals.
(C) Fixed zero point and unequal intervals.
(D) No fixed zero point and equal intervals.
Dr.ACV RAMA KUMAR