- MOTHER’S OR FATHER’S SON BROTHER
- MOTHER’S OR FATHER’S DAUGHTER SISTER
- MOTHER’S OR FATHER’S BROTHER UNCLE
- MOTHER’S OR FATHER’S SISTER AUNT
- MOTHER’S OR FATHER’S MOTHER GRAND MOTHER
- MOTHER’S OR FATHER’S FATHER GRAND FATHER
- SON’S WIFE DAUGHTER-IN-LAW
- DAUGHTER’S HUSBAND SON-IN-LAW
- HUSBAND’S OR WIFE SISTER SISTER-IN-LAW
- HUSBAND’S OR WIFE’S BROTHER BROTHER-IN-LAW
- BROTHER’S SON NEPHEW
- BROTHER’S DAUGHTER NIECE
- UNCLE OR AUNT SON OR DAUGHTER COUSIN
- SISTER’S HUSBAND BROTHER-IN-LAW
- BROTHER’S WIFE SISTER-IN-LAW
- GRANDSON’S OR GRANDDAUGHTER’S SON GREAT GRAND SON
Thursday, January 14, 2016
OUR FIRST SCHOOL- TEXT
We learn so many things when we come to school. But do you know which is our first school? Yes, it is our family. We learn so many things from our family – much before we learn from anywhere else. This is because we are so close to our family. But we really never give it a thought. Let us think about our family and talk about it.
In this family we can see mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, sister, brother, uncle, aunt and their children.This is large family. We can called this families are Joint-family.
3.In this picture we can see only four members mother, father, sister and brother. This is a small family. This type families we can called nuclear family.
Let us see-Who all are there in your family and their relation.
What do your family members call you lovingly ? Do you have a pet name? How do you call your family members?
Two persons in the picture a lot like each other. How do you think they are related? Is there any similarity between you and any other member
of your family – in the way you talk, walk, smile or even in your looks...? With whom and how ?
Let us now read about Anwari’s family. The older members of Anwari's family work as dhobis. All the members of the family lend a hand in washing, drying and ironing of the clothes. Anwari and her cousin Taufiq are also learning the work done by the family.
Is your family involved in any particular work? If yes, what? Do you help the family with the work? We learn many things from our family members. Anwari and her cousins learnt cycling from her uncle.You also learnt many things from yourfamily. What and from whom? Has anyone learnt anything from you?
Everyone removes their shoes before entering the house – this is the custom in Surekha’s family. Some of Surekha's friends enter her house without removing their shoes. Surekha’s grandfather gets angry at that. Are there any particular customs followed by your Family?.