(D) None of these
62. Research means
(A) Searching again and again
(B) Finding solution to any problem
(C) Scientific approach to new truth
(D) Conducting experiment
63. Which of the following is the first step in the research process ?
(A) Searching sources of information.
(B) Survey of related literature.
(C) Identification of a broad area of research.
(D) Searching for solution to problem.
64. If a researcher conduct a research on finding out which administrative style contributes more to institutional effectiveness, this will be an example of
(A) Expost facto research
(B) Action research
(C) Applied research
(D) Fundamental research
65. A researcher is generally expected to
(A) study the existing literature in a field.
(B) generate new principles and theories.
(C) synthesize the ideas given by others.
(D) evaluate the findings of a study.
66. The process of educational research involves the following steps :
(1) Collection of data
(2) Statement of objectives
(3) Selecting the problem
(5) Analysis and Interpretation of data
(6) Reporting the results Which of the following sequence is correct ?
(A) 3, 2, 4, 1, 5, 6
(B) 1, 3, 2, 5, 6, 4
(C) 3, 2, 4, 1, 6, 5
(D) 3, 2, 5, 1, 6, 4
67. The Government of India conducts Census after every 10 years. The method of research used in this process is
(A) Case Study
68. Items of List – I and List – II given below have one-to-one relationship on some basis. Identify the inherent relationship and select the correct matching from the given options :
List – I List – II
a. Experimental 1. Sampling
b. Historical 2. Meta-analysis
c. Philosophical 3. Internal criticism
d. Descriptive 4. Content analysis
5. Internal validity
(A) 3 5 2 3
(B) 1 4 2 5
(C) 3 4 2 1
(D) 5 3 4 1
69. Two variables X and Y are significantly correlated. This means that
(A) X causes variation in Y.
(B) Y causes variation in X.
(C) X and Y vary together.
(D) No such conclusion may be drawn.
70. Which of the following types of studies results in findings which could not be generalized to other situations ?
(D) Causal Comparative