11. What is the ultimate reality for realism ?
(C) Social relations
(D) Objective world
12. Match items in
List – I with those in List – II :
List – I List – II
I. Jainism 1. Indeterminacy of knowledge
II. Buddhism 2. Inferential knowledge
III. Islam 3. Law of causation
IV. Sankhya 4. Inadequacy of individual interpretation
Codes ;(A) 1 4 2 3 (B) 4 2 1 3 (C) 1 3 4 2 (D) 2 3 4 1
13. Which of the following disciplines is concerned with depravity of human action ?
14. Which of the following represents appropriately the current stage of the modern society in social evolution ?
(A) The Theological-Military Stage
(B) The Metaphysical-Legalistic stage
(C) The Positive Industrial Materialistic stage
(D) The Positive Industrial stage
15. What kind of empowerment of women will be more sustaining ?
(A) Empowering women through Education
(B) Empowering women through Personality Development
(C) Empowering women through the provision of some kind of job
(D) Empowering women by appointing women as heads in Government and Private Bodies
16. Which of the following customs are powerful in regulating social behavior of people ?
(A) Simple, Rural societies
(B) Complex, Urban societies
(C) Industrialized societies
(D) Ultra-modern societies
17. How is education related to culture ? Choose the best.
(A) Education preserves old culture.
(B) Education creates new culture.
(C) Education sustains old culture and ushers in new ones.
(D) Education and culture are mutually supporting each other.
18. Which of the following does not represent an institution ?
(A) A political party which is not recognized as a national party by the Election Commission
(B) Students Union of an Arts College
(C) An Angelican Church
19. Why is Sharda Act important in the Indian context ?
(A) Because it prevents child labor.
(B) Because it bans child marriage in girls.
(C) Because it recommends supply of free study materials to girls.
(D) Because it recommends free education for girls up to the school stage.
20. Which of the following do not represent organizations ?
I. Drivers of the Delhi Transport Corporation
II. Spectators of a Match of Football
III. Foreigners in Delhi
Codes : (A) I and II (B) III and IV (C) II and IV (D) II and III