31. Which of the following best characterizes the process of emotional growth ?
(B) Restriction of new emotional capacity.
(C) Acquisition of new emotional capacity.
(D) A gradual substitution of intellectual responses for emotional responses.
32. Social development is essentially a matter of
(A) conformity to the demands of social order.
(B) integration of one’s purposes with those of the social order.
(C) achievement of social security and acceptance.
(D) the development of social skills.
33. A ‘Sour-grapes’ attitude is an example of
(B) Selective perception
34. The rejected child is likely to be
35. Spearman’s theory of intelligence is to Thorndike’s as
(A) innate is to acquired
(B) culture free is to culture-fair
(C) verbal is to performance
(D) qualitative is to quantitative
36. You are being given a list of Psychologists (Col. A) and some terms (Col. B) associated with them. You have to match them.
(A) 3 4 1 2
(B) 3 5 1 2
(C) 2 5 3 4
(D) 3 1 2 5
37. Ethnographic studies in educational settings are characterised by
(A) integrating very close interpersonal notes
(B) copious field notes
(C) participant observations
(D) conversation and participant observation
38. If in a situation every individual has an equal chance of being selected, there it is a case of
(A) Quota sampling
(B) Non-probability sampling
(C) Purposive sampling
(D) Probability sampling
39. A qualitative study does not intend to
(A) Bring out human subjectivity
(B) Generalize the findings
(C) Establish credibility of conclusions
(D) Use indicative methods of analysis
40. Other conditions being equal, which of the following coefficients of correlation is indicative of the weakest relation between two variables ?
(B) – 0.85
Dr. A.C.V.RAMA KUMAR