41. Read the following statements about field studies :
I. A field study is conducted in a real life setting.
II. It effectively uses scientific method.
Which of the following is true ?
(A) I is correct, but II is not.
(B) II is correct, but (I) is not.
(C) Both I and II are true.
(D) None of the two is true.
42. Read the following :
I. Correlation coefficient may be negative as well as positive.
II. Reliability of a test can be negative.
Which of the following is correct ?
(A) I is wrong, but II is correct.
(B) Both I and II are correct.
(C) I is correct, but II is wrong.
(D) Both I and II are wrong.
43. Which of the following is not correctly matched ?
(A) Test-Retest : Stability
(B) Split-Half : Internal consistency
(C) KR-20 : Stability
(D) Parallel Form : Equivalence
44. Read the following two lists of items :
List – I List – II
(a) Intelligence (1) Alfred Binet
(b) Attitude (2) L.L. Thurstone
(c) Projective Techniques (3) Rorschach
(d) Semantic Differential (4) Osgood
Which of the following is the correct matching ?
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 4 3 2 5
(B) 2 4 3 1
(C) 5 2 1 4
(D) 1 2 3 4
45. Which of the following is NOT a measure of dispersion ?
(C) Mean Deviation
(D) Standard Deviation
46. The variance reflecting a systematic difference between groups of measures is termed as
(A) Total Variance
(B) Error Variance
(C) Experimental Variance
(D) Within Groups Variance
47. The difference between a statistical average based on the entire population
and the one based on a sample is known as
(A) Standard Error
(B) Mean Difference
(C) Sampling Error
(D) Mean Deviation
48. The standard deviation of sampling distribution of a statistic is known as
(A) Sampling Variance
(B) Standard Error
(C) Sampling Error
(D) Standard Variance
49. In the process of statistical inference, the Type II Error is committed when we
(A) Accept a true null hypothesis
(B) Reject a true null hypothesis
(C) Reject a false null hypothesis
(D) Accept a false null hypothesis
50. If a researchers conducts a research on finding out which administrative style contributes more to institutional effectiveness. This will be an example of
(A) Basic Research
(B) Action Research
(C) Applied Research
(D) Fundamental Research