21. Which one of the following is an example of a closed society ?
(A) A society in which people are conservatives.
(B) A society in which inter-caste marriages are prohibited.
(C) A society in which people are illiterates.
(D) A society in which people are poor.
22. One of the following statements on character education is agreeable to many Educational Sociologists. Which is the statement ?
(A) Character Education is impossible without religious, denominational doctrines.
(D) Character Education is exclusive province of the church and the home.
23. Children of today are under greater emotional stress than the emotional stress of children a century ago. Why ?
(A) Society today is more complex.
(B) Bonds with members of the family are weakened.
(C) Schools have not adjusted to children.
(D) Parents take less interest in children.
24. Why are mass media such as Cinema, T.V, Press, etc. considered passive agencies of education ?
(A) Because they provide informal education.
(B) Because they cannot come closer to the learner like human teachers.
(C) Because the learner cannot react to these agencies directly.
(D) Because they do not clarify doubts in the course of learning.
25. Eclectic theory of learning was propounded by
26. The emphasis upon psychology in teacher education is best justified on the basis of the need
(A) to prevent abnormal behaviour on the part of children.
(B) to promote intelligent behaviour on the part of children.
(C) to understand human behaviour.
(D) to define what constitutes acceptable behaviour.
27. Purposive behaviour is the behaviour that is
(A) oriented towards the attainment of a goal.
(B) based on needs.
(C) essentially effective with respect to need satisfaction.
(D) insightful i.e. logical with respect to means-ends relationship.
28. Human behaviour is determined primarily by
(A) an objective reality
(B) the phenomenal field including the phenomenal self
(C) social pressures
(D) physiological needs
29. For learning to be effective, the goal must be meaningful in terms of
(A) the curricular objectives
(B) the learner’s needs and purposes
(C) the intellectual ideas involved
(D) None of the above
30. Which of the following best describes the extent of effect of heredity upon development ?
(A) Heredity determines how far an individual will develop.
(B) Heredity determines how far an individual can develop.
(C) Heredity is the primary determinant of how far an individual will develop.
(D) Heredity is the primary determinant of how far an individual can develop.