11. Match the items in List-I with those in List-II.
List – I List – II
I. Idealism 1. Heuristic approach
II. Realism 2. Deductive method
III. Pragmatism 3. Experiential learning
IV. Naturalism 4. Inductive method
(A) 3 4 1 2 (B) 4 3 1 2 (C) 2 4 3 1 (D) 2 3 4 1
12. Which of the following is an epistemological tenet of existentialism ?
(A) Knowledge is in things and thoughts.
(B) Knowledge is affective and inter-subjective.
(C) Knowledge is temporal and cognitive.
(D) Nothing can be known.
13. Which of the following is the most healthy principle of social functioning of the school ?
(A) Laissez Faire.
(B) Just Democracy.
(C) Democracy as a compromise between persuasion and permission.
(D) Democracy as a compromise between Autocratic and Laissez Faire.
14. “Though all the following four exponents of sociology exerted great influence on sociological thought, all of them were not sociologists in the proper sense. Only one was a true sociologist.” Who is that one ?
(A) Sigmund Freud
(B) Karl Marx
(C) Charles Durkheim
(D) Emile Durkheim
15. A teacher finds out, by Sociometry, that her class comprises cliques groups, stars, mutuals and isolates. Who is an isolate ?
(A) One who is liked by most classmates.
(B) One who is not at liked by any classmate.
(C) One who is not liked by anybody and who does not like anybody.
(D) One who likes a person and the second one likes him reciprocating.
16. Which of the following is responsible for social stratification in India ?
(B) Class system
(D) Socio-economic status
17. Which of the following are considered progressive social changes ? I. Changes brought about by Home and School. II. Changes brought about by Natural Calamities. III. Changes brought about by social organizations. IV. Changes brought about by wars. Codes :
(A) I and II are correct.
(B) I and III are correct.
(C) II and III are correct.
(D) II and IV are correct.
18. Which of the following has a direct bearing with “Cultural Lag” ?
(A) Social changes taking place at a slow speed.
(B) Social changes taking place at a coping speed.
(C) Social changes taking place at a steady speed.
(D) Social changes taking place at a high speed.
19. What is the aim of a modern society which has faith in Philosophical, Sociological and Psychological Principles of Education ?
(A) Establishing a society which is ethically and morally sound.
(B) Ushering in security, Prosperity and Social-wellbeing for all.
(C) Transforming all educands into “huvine” (human + divine) beings
(D) Admitting changes in all fields before other countries do it.
20. Which two of the following characteristics are essentially required on the part of a teacher for developing inter cultural understanding in children ?