21. Arrange the following books in the chronological order in which they appeared.
I. Education and Sociology
II. School and Society
III. Principles of Educational Sociology : An outline
IV. Dynamic Sociology
(A) IV, II, I and III
(B) I, III, IV and II
(C) III, II, IV and I
(D) II, I, III and IV
22. Match items under Column-I with those under Column-II.
II. A.K.C. Ottaway
III. Herbert Spencer
IV. E. Durkheim
1. Education and Sociology
3. Education and Society : An Introduction to Sociology of Education.
4. Educational Sociology
5. A Sociology of Education
(B) 1 2 3 and 4
(C) 3 2 1 and 5
(D) 2 5 4 and 3
23. The term “Untouchability” has been abolished according to an Article in Constitution. What is that Article ?
(A) Article 46
(B) Article 17
(C) Article 25
(D) Article 16
24. Why is the school considered a Social Institution ?
(A) Because it is concerned with the welfare of the society.
(B) It is concerned with burning social issues.
(C) It is concerned with social evils.
(D) It is concerned with the shaping of the future society.
25. Which of the following stages of cognitive development is not described by Bruner ?
26. The first intelligence test was developed by
(A) Francis Galton
(B) Binet and Simon
(D) William Stern
27. Match the following lists :
List – I (Specific Characteristics)
(a) One who shows consistently remarkable performance.
(b) One who is more sensitive to environmental stimuli.
(c) One who does not show educational success commensurate with his abilities.
List – II (Category of Children)
(i) Creative child
(ii) Under achiever child
(iii) Mentally retarded child
(iv) Gifted child
(v) Delinquent child
Code : (a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (iv) (i) (ii) (iii)
(B) (i) (iv) (ii) (iii)
(C) (iv) (i) (iii) (ii)
(D) (iii) (i) (ii) (iv)
28. Rearrange the following hierarchy of needs as given by Maslow :
a. Safety and security needs.
b. Physiological needs.
c. Self-esteem needs.
d. Love and belongingness needs.
(A) b, a, d, c
(B) d, a, b, c
(C) a, b, d, c
(D) b, a, c, d
29. According to type theory of personality, a tall, thin and stoop shouldered person will come under the category of