(A) the unreality of the world
(B) the existence of God
(C) the soul
(D) karma and rebirth
2. ‘Epistemology’ means
(A) stem cell research
(B) study of the nature of knowledge
(C) study of the nature of values
(D) study of the nature of the world
3. In Indian Philosophy ‘pramana’ means
(D) source of knowledge
(B) Karma Kanda
5. The Schools of Vedanta are
(A) Dharma, Artha and Moksa
(B) Advaita, Dwaita and Visishtadvaita
(C) Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism
(D) the orthodox and the heterodox
6. A researcher is interested in studying the flood victims. Which one of the following is a suitable sample selection method?
(A) Random Sampling
(B) Stratified Sampling
(C) Systematic Sampling
(D) Purposive Sampling
7. Match the Measurement Scales in List – I which can be used with appropriate Statistics in List – II :
List – I List – II
a. Nominal Scales i. Geometric Mean
b. Ordinal Scales ii. Frequency Distribution
c. Interval Scales iii. Median & Rank Correlation
d. Ratio Scales iv. Mean, SD & Correlations
(A) iv iii ii i
(B) i iii ii iv
(C) ii iii iv i
(D) i iv iii ii
8. Which one of the following tests can be used to examine the differences in Mathematics achievement of boys and girls ?
(A) Correlational Test
(B) ‘t’ Test
(C) Chi-square Test
9. There is a significant positive correlation between variables X and Y. This means that :
(A) X causes variation in Y.
(B) Y causes variation in X.
(C) X and Y vary together in opposite directions.
(D) X and Y vary together in the same direction.
10. “Education and Society are two mutually supporting systems, interconnected, that one cannot thrive in the absence of the other.” What is the reason?
(A) Education sustains society, preserves culture, ushers in new one and inculcates values.
(B) Education helps to do away with social divisions and produces leaders for governance.
(C) Education makes people self employable/employable.
(D) Education modernizes and makes society civilized.
11. ‘Alienation’ as a widespread social problem was first highlighted by
12. What is the subject matter of Educational Sociology?
I. Social Processes and Social Change
II. Social Behavior and Social Control
III. Social Institutions and Social Problems
IV. Legislature, Executive and Judiciary
(A) I, II and III
(B) IV, I and II
(C) III, IV and I
(D) II, III and IV
13. What was the purpose of introducing the noon-meal scheme in primary schools?
(A) To keep primary teachers engaged.
(B) To increase enrollment in primary schools.
(C) To provide employment to cooks.
(D) To provide one square meal to children every day.
14. What does the term ‘Socialization” refer to?
(A) Participating in social service activities.
(B) Process of interaction among members of the society and transmitting values.
(C) Instructions given to people through mass media to keep society free from corruption.
(D) Advising people to bring up their children as socially responsible beings.
15. ‘Hinayana’ is the name of which School of Buddhism?