41. Standard error is an index of
(A) Errors due to measurements
(B) Sampling errors
(C) Level of significance
(D) Standard deviation
42. Multiple correlation studies
(A) Comparison of beta weights and regression coefficients.
(B) Use of many independent variables.
(C) Comparison of R and beta weights.
(D) Use of many dependent variables.
43. Identify the dependent variable in the following hypothesis : “Boys learn non-sense syllables slower than Girls” ?
(A) Speed of learning
(B) Meanings of syllables
44. What does the denominator in the F-ratio measure ?
(A) Between groups variance
(B) Error variance
(C) Mean square variance
(D) Sums of squares
45. Use of product moment coefficient of correlation is appropriate for the pairs of scores obtained from which type of scales ?
(A) Nominal and Interval
(B) Ordinal and Nominal
(C) Interval and Interval
(D) Ordinal and Interval
46. Which of the following tools of research gives most precise measurements ?
(B) Observation schedule
(C) Rating scale
(D) Information schedule
47. Which of the following is NOT the goal of scientific method of acquiring knowledge ?
(A) Exploration of truth
(B) Fact finding
(C) Control of variables
(D) Prediction of events
48. Which of the following is least important for any action research ?
(A) Quantitative data collection
(B) Qualitative content analysis
49. In a study on children’s’ social behaviour, what type of reliability would be considered important ?
(A) Equivalent forms
(C) Internal consistency
50. Which of the following is indicative of the weakest correlation between two variables ?
(A) – 0.92
(D) – 0.10
Dr.A C V RAMA KUMAR